Friday, September 14, 2012

Unit II Reflection - Blogs as an Educational Asset

I am very excited to have learned in this unit about blogging and some of the things I can do with blogging in the classroom. As I mentioned in my discussion post this week, I have tons of ideas for technology in my classroom.

I plan to use blogs to communicate with parents and other educators. I hope to use e-mail for important things such as newsletters, calendars, and updates. This will reserve my blog for fun things we are doing in the classroom. I hope to include lots and lots of pictures, and update at least weekly.

Depending on the technology available in my school and the age/grade level of my students, I want to use blogging as a weekly supplement to daily journal entries. This will introduce students to some of the technology available to them on the internet, and will make their musings available 24/7 to parents. If given the opportunity to post to the blog once weekly, each student would have approximately 50 blog posts by the end of the year.

As I learn more and more about education and accumulate good ideas, I hope to start a blog to share ideas with other teachers. This is not necessarily directly related to my classroom, but if there is any chance it could have a positive effect on other teachers' classrooms, I feel it's worthwhile. I love to read teachers' blogs and actually have a board on Pinterest dedicated to great teaching/classroom blogs!

The more I learn about new and different things I will be able to incorporate into my classroom, the more excited I get about teaching. I can't wait to start using my new knowledge of technology to improve my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on creating your blog. This is an awesome tool with many uses. It's a great journal writing tool and that's how we are using it in this course. It allows me to see the progression of learning, in your own words.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete