Monday, December 3, 2012

Unit VII Reflection - Lessons Learned

As a future educator, I would say this has been one of the most helpful courses I have taken thus far. So many of my courses leave me wondering what I have even learned. I often find myself asking, "How has this course prepared me to be a better educator?" This course has taught me so many great things I can use in the classroom. Specifically, this course has taught me the basics of planning and organizing a website for use in my classroom.

I plan to use a classroom website similar to the one I created for this course in my future classroom to keep parents up-to-date on class happenings as well as to post fun, educational links for my students. I will use my website regularly to post links to things we are doing in class for parents and students to look over at home. Assuming that all my students have access to the internet at home (I will check with parents at the beginning of the year and then again halfway through the school year), I may post links to review games or videos to include as part of my weekly homework assignments. If my students are unable to access the internet at home, this may be something that I may still do optionally.

Although I did not include it in the website I created for this course, a useful webpage I plan to include would be "This Week's Homework", including a complete list of homework assignments for the week as well as links to relevant games or reviews as I mentioned above. I believe that using the computer regularly as part of my homework routines will making homework more fun for students.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job! I enjoyed reading reflections 6 & 7. Thanks for your reflection and honesty.adding a comment here, not on reflection 6.
    Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete