Sunday, November 11, 2012

Unit IV Reflection C - Using Videos as a Lesson Presentation Medium

I'll be honest; I love the internet, I love my computer, and I love YouTube, but I have never had the desire to create a video before. I think the primary reason I have not attempted video creation in the past is that in my head, I thought that to create a video I would have to record myself, and I do not like being in front of a camera.

For this assignment, I used only animation. Using GoAnimate, I was able to create a two-minute video for free. GoAnimate was so simple and very self-explanatory. Although I did only use the free version, I can imagine that paid version has many more features and may even be worth the six dollars a month subscription fee once I begin teaching if I choose to use animated movies. In the meantime, the free version did just fine. The main problem I saw with the free edition of GoAnimate is that not only was the time capped at two minutes, the dialog was capped at ten lines. Again, this is a feature I would be willing to pay for.

Although I did enjoy GoAnimate, I still prefer PowerPoint or Prezi presentations for lesson presentation. In the future, I can imagine that if I make videos at all I would prefer to use a video camera and then edit it to my specifications instead of using a plug-and-play type application such as GoAnimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment